Attorney at law, Head of Commercial and Employment Practices of KIAP Law Firm.
Julia has been a team-member in the Firm since its incorporation. She advises clients on the matters of doing business in Russia, including contractual links, internal policies, and personal data protection. Furthermore, she provides a full range of legal services regarding labor law, including facilitation in resolution of individual and collective labor disputes. Julia also specializes in consulting on antitrust and corporate issues.
- Advising Russian subsidiaries of an international air carrier in complex negotiations.
- Expertise in and development of the contractual links structure for the global hotel chain.
- Due diligence of the supply contract for the international chemicals manufacturer.
- Advising a leading company specializing in development of marketing programs for retail business in relation to the changing of its contractual regime with retail chains.
- Advising a large Russian hotel regarding termination of a distribution agreement with an international hotel chain.
- Advising an Italian luxury brand of fashion and leather goods on legal risks concerning implementation of a new marketing program aimed at attracting a new age category of customers.
- Advising a large manufacturer of drinks on the holding of a public event in the Russian Federation.
- Advising an international producer of bakery products on its package of internal documents relating to personal data protection.
- Advising an international producer of glass and glass products on the preparation of a personal data protection policy.
- Consulting in the sphere of legal requirements to installation, storage, operation and disposal of generators produced by the global leader in the sphere of telecommunications.
- Multidisciplinary consulting of the large Russian investment company in the sphere of requirements of the Russian legislation to operations of the rabbit farms, including environmental and veterinary regulations.
Antitrust and Competition:
- Advising the Russian subsidiary of one of a large European retailer on trade law enforcement practices by the territorial subdivisions of the Federal Antimonopoly Service and by Arbitrazh courts.
- Advising a large retailer on the carrying out of a legal audit of compliance with restrictions set forth under the law on trade and the law on protection of competition by its employees.
- Advising a multinational hotel chain with respect to its obligations under the law on trade and restrictions specified in this law concerning the purchase of food products.
Corporate / M&A:
- Providing legal support to Zvezda Shipbuilding complex in preparation of transaction documents and negotiations with partner, Korean Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries Co. Ltd (HSHI), on terms of the transaction on launching a joint venture in the field of engineering and project management of the construction of tankers – OOO “Zvezda-Hyundai”.
- Conducting a due diligence review of the Russian assets of a world-wide producer of paints and varnishes, chemicals, optics and specialized materials, owned by the international group of companies, before their takeover.
- Supporting the client (EPAM Systems Inc.) in the course of M&A transaction – purchase of GGA Software Services (Russian and CIS scientific informatics services provider) – in a part related to purchase of Russian assets.
- Advising one of the world biggest insulation producers on working out a target structure and a scheme of Russian companies restructuring for the purpose of their consolidation.
- Advising European concrete panels producer in the course of sale of its Russian business (value of project exceeds 12 mln euro).
- Carrying out due diligence of large-scale industrial forest holding company in the course of its acquisition by an international holding company, one of the major producers of wooden houses.
- Development of the operational structure of a real estate project in the context of the successive demolition of dilapidated buildings and construction of new real estate (investments in an amount of 8 billion rubles).
- Pre-trial settlement of tax claims worth more than 500 million rubles submitted against a client based on the findings of a repeated field audit by the Federal Tax Service Department (FTSD) for the Kostroma Region.
- Advising Russian private investors on tax and currency control consequences of opening a business abroad.
- Consulting Panalpina Group regarding wide range of employment issues, among others, regarding possible grounds of disciplinary actions against employees and procedure of procedure for the application of disciplinary sanctions under the Russian law.
- Providing full range of services in relation to termination of employment with the employees in Russia in the interests of the largest international companies including JDA Software Group, TCC Retail Marketing, Otsuka Pharmaceutical, FujiFilm, SonoSite.
- Representing Direct Group in a number of claims by senior employees against our client for dismissals which involved claims for significant premium compensation as well as compensation for moral injury. All disputes were resolved in our client’s favor.