Anna acts as an arbitrator in Russian and international arbitration proceedings and is included in the lists of arbitrators in Austria (VIAC), Kuala Lumpur (AIAC), Hong Kong (HKIAC), Korea (KCAB), Russia (RAC, AC at RSPP).
For more than 19 years Anna has been specializing in difficult, complex disputes in state courts, in international arbitration in accordance with the rules of arbitration institutions (ICC, LCIA, VIAC, SCC, ICAC и and etc.) and in ad hoc arbitration. During her practice Anna represented clients’ interests in state courts and international arbitration in more than 400 proceedings.
Anna is a Deputy Chairman of the ICC Russia Arbitration Commission, Russia’s regional representative in HK45 Committee at the Hong Kong International Arbitration Center (HKIAC), former Russia’s regional representative in the Litigation Committee of International Bar Association (IBA), a member of the Board of the Russian arbitration center in 2017-2023.
In addition to her Russian education, Anna also has received Master’s degree in American law (LL.M), and has the status of the Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitration (CIArb).
Anna is a specialist in the following sectors:
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Construction, Engineering & Infrastructure
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Corporate Disputes
Anna is the author of the book "Psychology and persuasion in the dispute resoluton", co-editor and co-author of the "Commentary on Russian arbitration laws" of the RAA and co-editor and co-author of the book "Arbitration in Asia".
Anna is a lecturer at the Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL) on International Commercial Arbitration. Speaker of the largest international and Russian legal conferences.
Anna is recommended by international ratings Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, Legal 500EMEA (Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution: Arbitration and Mediation), Best Lawyers, WWL Arbitration Future Leaders, Ciarb, Who’s Who, Legal, Leaders League as well as Russian Pravo.ru-300 in 2022 and Pravo-300 in 2023 (Band 2: International Arbitration) and Kommersant (International Commercial Arbitration).
The Chambers Global rating notes that Anna Grishchenkova successfully deals with issues of international commercial arbitration, and also acts as an arbitrator. “She pays a lot of attention to details and does not miss anything” one of the respondents characterizes Anna, and the other adds: “It's easy to work with her.”
Anna is fluent in English.
Examples of cases as arbitrator (more details upon enquiry):
- Co-arbitrator under LCIA Rules in a dispute in amount of more than 50 mln USD seated in London under English law relating to valuation of share of a business in Russia;
- Co-arbitrator under LCIA Rules in a dispute in amount of more than 100 mln USD seated in London under English law relating to alleged misrepresentation and recovery of damages;
- Co-arbitrator under IAC Rules in a dispute in amount of 1,5 mln USD seated in Minsk under Belorussian law relating to delivery of equipment;
- Co-arbitrator under ICAC (MKAS) Rules in a dispute in amount of more than 2,5 mln USD seated in Moscow under Russian law, Polish law and CISG, relating to issues of fraud, misrepresentation and compensation of damages under sales of goods contract;
- Co-arbitrator under RAC rules in a dispute in amount of 2 mln USD seated in Moscow under Russian law relating to a breach of delivery of equipment;
- Co-arbitrator under ICAC (MKAS) Rules in a dispute in amount of more than 5 mln USD seated in Moscow under Russian law relating to issues of penalty, impact of sanctions and force-majeure;
- Co-arbitrator under rules of Arbitration center at Russian chamber of entrepreneurs in a dispute in amount of more than 1,5 mln USD seated in Moscow under Russian law relating to construction of energy facilities and compensation of damages
Projects as a counsel:
- Representation of a huge construction company in several arbitral proceedings in ICC;
- Representation of the oil company in two LCIA proceedings;
- Representation of Belorussian company with foreign investment in a construction dispute under Belorussian law in arbitration in IAC (Belarus);
- Representation of a Russian company in a dispute related to delivery of an equipment in Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC);
- Representation of a construction company in arbitration in ICC seated in Paris under Belorussian law;
- Representation of insurance company in ad hoc arbitration seated in Germany under German law;
- Representation of transport company in arbitration in Swiss Arbitration Centre under Swiss law;
- Representation of Italian construction company in series of disputes in arbitration in ICAC (MKAS);
- Representation of a bank in arbitration in LCIA;
- Representation of an energy provider in a dispute with a contractor under a gas pipeline construction contract worth 2+ bln roubles.
- Advocacy for a major manufacturing group in the course of a hostile takeover;
- Successful representation of a subsidiary of a mid-eastern petroleum company in a dispute over the construction of oil wells (defence against a claim for damages of some $32 mln).
- Representation of Russian Design Bureau (Bureau is designing subsea vessels and developing deep water rescue facilities against the orders of the Russian Navy) in a dispute before the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce against Italian supplier of technological equipment.
- Advocacy for a Russian bank in a dispute involving investment in a number of production wells.
- Representation of a consumer electronics retailer in several claims for damages totalling 100+ mln roubles.